The Student Affairs Department at the Arab Open University / Jordan Branch is one of the most important departments of the university and the most effective not only for students but also for members of the academic Staff as well.
The department is concerned with student's health, psychological, social, cultural, and material aspects of his personality. It provides all the services the student needs, including the medical clinic and the provision of a unit of counseling and guidance in order to bring him to a state of psychological, social and academic adjustment during his university studies.
The most important services provided by the department are as follows:
1. Students' complaints
The Arab Open University considers the complaints, inquiries and suggestions issued by students as an important source of information, to be used in developing and improving the university's performance continuously. Accordingly, a link has been created on the university's website under the name of "Student Complaints and Student Grievance", which gives students the opportunity to submit their complaints electronically and remotely, without the need to come to the university.
The Student Affairs Department in the branch receives complaints, inquiries and suggestions from students, then conducts the necessary treatment for them (collection, classification, classification, analysis, and proposal submissions) and submits them to the branch administration to take appropriate actions and decisions regarding them.
2. Student activities
Student Affairs Department is interested in holding many curricular and non-curricular activities at the campus and outside, whether cultural, sports or social activities, as these activities are concerned with refining the student's identity and integrating it with the university community and the local community.
3. Foreign student
Follow up on foreign student affairs with the Ministry of Interior and submit requests for issuing and renewing their residency in Jordan.
4. Student Fund
The university provides, through the Student Fund, financial aid to students in need, and scholarships for outstanding students, according to certain principles and conditions that are relied upon.
5. Students' personal conditions and other services provided by the department for students, to be summarized as follows:
* Urging students to volunteer and create teams to cooperate in establishing and implementing various activities
* Keeping an information records for the student and issuing many documents of interest to him, such as good behavior and many authorizations.
* Coordinating and managing the yearly student's graduation ceremonies.
* Coordinating the affairs of students with special needs at the university, meeting all their demands and facilitating their university affairs.
* Issuing penalties and disciplinary measures for students who violate the university's instructions and regulations, such as trespassing on university property, disturbing public order, or controlling cases of fraud, plagiarism, etc
* Dealing with Jordanian Customs to facilitate the affairs of foreign students
* Communicating with local and civil society organizations to arrange activities for students and hold workshops.
v Receiving and following up on students' complaints, inquiries and suggestions about the university.
* Following up on the curricular and extracurricular activities of the Student Council and the students scientific societies
* Honoring students who have excelled academically and who participated in the university's extracurricular activities at the end of the academic year.
* Helping students to find jobs in the Jordanian local market by holding a job fair at the end of the academic year at the university's campus and summoning major companies and various institutions to participate in it.
* Issuing university IDs for students.