تعلن الجامعة العربية المفتوحة عن حاجتها للوظائف التالية:
1.Student Information System (SIS) developer:
- Engage in all phases of software development lifecycle including requirement analysis, software design, coding, testing and optimization.
- Build high-quality web applications using Microsoft technology stack (C#, VB .NET, ASP.NET, C++).
- Handles the reporting requirements of the university using crystal reports, taking into account dynamism and business rules.
- Make regular software upgrades to remove bugs and incorporate emerging business needs.
- Evaluate exiting and new code for reliable architecture, stability, reusability and performance.
- Apply the highest standard application-level security controls to ensure that the provided web services are secure and highly available.
- Maintain code versions using code versioning and release management processes.
- Monitor everyday activities on the web applications to provide proactive maintenance.
- Provide technical support for end users using the university ticketing system.
- Enhance user experience by analyzing business processes and objectives, preparing action plans and identify areas for improvement.
- Optimize the software system for overall functional and performance enhancement as well as for adaptation for new hardware and application architecture.
- Create and execute software-testing plans, to ensure all software components are properly developed and integrated.
- Provide system documentation including but not limited to: system specifications, architecture, data and process flow diagrams, internal source code documentation, user and operational manuals.
- Assist in the creation of data visualization, dashboards reports from the university data Warehouse using analytics tools.
- Collaborate with the university business users and technical teams supporting various systems to help them achieve their business and technical needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of computer science, MIS or a suitable degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 3-year experience in web programming using asp.net, C# VB.Net as well as strong knowledge in relational databases specially Oracle.
- Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle, software design and systems analysis.
- Proven experience in designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with experience of service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Thorough knowledge of database concepts, database design and data modeling with the ability to write efficient PL/SQL code.
- Experience with GUI abstraction patterns - MVC/MVVM in addition to Nhibernate.
- Strong Experience in crystal reports programing, design and formatting.
- Strong Knowledge in HTML 5 / CSS 3, JQuery, XML, bootstrap, AJAX, XML, and other web related technologies.
- Good Experience in using Visual Studio development platform.
- Solid knowledge about the browsers compatibility issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) and web application performance on different OS and platforms.
- Good web design skills using programs such as adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Silverlight, etc.
- Mobile programming experience on Android and OSi is a plus.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to work independently on projects without close supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve system issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others, embracing teamwork spirit.
- Well organized, able to work under stress with excellent time management skill to meet sharp delivery deadlines.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written, Arabic/English) skills.
- Very good documentation skills with experience in developing Architecture standard documents and specification document for given projects.
- Passionate about learning and applying new technologies.
Interested candidates can send in their letter of application together with a CV and copies of academic and other credentials no later than 18 Nov 2021 to: email@example.com
2. System Administrator. Job Ref: AOU-IT-2-2021
HQ - Kuwait
- Install, provision, configure and manage server operating system for windows and Linux machines and other application and software services.
- Set up and maintain the active directory accounts, permissions, access rights and security policies.
- Manage and maintain server virtualization and HA cluster using Hyper-V and other virtualization tools.
- Manage the file server and storage allocations to end user.
- Monitor system performance to ensure healthy production environment.
- Utilize the system and network monitoring tools to optimize performance, plan the capacity, maximize system uptime and mitigate any anticipated threats.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues and outages and execute periodic preventive maintenance to servers and storage.
- Replace and upgrade defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Upgrade OS systems and applications with new releases and models.
- Liaison with the security officer to ensure vulnerabilities closure, system batching, hardening and compliance with trusted security configuration.
- Execute and promote standard operating procedures and maintenance schedules.
- Manage and maintain the backup system according to the backup policy and execute the restoration procedures whenever required.
- Monitor the health of the university DR site and ensure controlled data replication and disaster recovery procedure.
- Manage the identity solution and maintain the synchronization of local user identities with Azure cloud identities.
- Provide training services for staff on new technologies.
- Administrate the university application systems as requested such as the document management and archiving system, correspondence system and help desk system.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of servers, workstations to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications for implementing new or upgrades to IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of proven record in system administration.
- Familiarity with multiple OS platforms with emphasis on Linux in addition to windows servers and workstations.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization, clustering, VM provisioning and automation.
- Strong experience in backup solutions, restoration procedures and disaster recovery concepts and services.
- Good understanding of cyberattack landscape with familiarity of incident response life cycle and good experience in OS, database and application hardening methods.
- Strong experience in implementing and following IT helpdesk operations best practices.
- Experience with Office365 and Azure AD administration, with good skill of power shell scripting in the office365 configuration environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
- Effective organization, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to take initiatives and proactive approach to improve work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Teamwork spirit, while taking responsibility.
- Working effectively under pressure.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Linux System Administrator (Oracle or Red hat)
- CompTIA Server+
- ITIL foundation (Intermediate or Expert is a plus)
- Data Center Virtualization.
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator.
- Azure Administrator – fundamentals (Associate level is a plus).
- VMware certification is a plus.
Interested candidates can send in their letter of application together with a CV and copies of academic and other credentials no later than 18 November 2021. to: firstname.lastname@example.org