Department of Learning Resources
The establishment of the Department of Learning Resources came with the launch of the University in 2002 under the academic agreement with the British University, which allows the Arab Open University to use the modern British curriculum, which has been and continues to raise the importance of the university's educational outputs. Step by step, the Department of Learning Resources at the University Center, in cooperation with the departments in the university branches, has gained some independence in producing many educational materials for various study programs at the university.
The Learning Resources Department undertakes the mission of supporting and enhancing the learning and teaching process for students, by providing modern audio and visual technical resources, in addition to traditional sources such as printed books and supporting materials.
The administrative tasks of the department are as follows:
- Helping students in matters related to educational materials, and providing them with the necessary support when making educational aids related to applied curricula.
- Request educational materials established within the academic plans and programs to cover the academic period for the second and summer semesters,
- Inventory management and inventory of educational materials.
- Follow up the supply of educational materials with local and external suppliers, and their shipments and clearance
- Distribution of educational materials to faculty and students in each semester.
- Permanent follow-up with the Finance Department regarding educational materials
|The Learning Resources Unit includes the following facilities:|
- Multimedia Hall
- Virtual library
- Traditional library hall
- Audio-visual equipment hall
- Educational materials distribution center